When Eliot was a baby, we had two sippy cups that he used regularly until he was about Ivy's age, when we transitioned him to an open cup.
Being the frugal people that we are (haha), I saved those sippy cups and planned to reuse them with Ivy. When Ivy was six months old, I got them out of the cave only... the spouts appeared to have mold growing in them. And although the dishwasher probably would have killed it, I just couldn't bear the idea. And I couldn't bear the idea of buying her new ones either. And so she's been drinking from an open cup since six months old, like a pro. Recently, she even has full-time access to her own cup of water, and only manages to knock it over about once a day or so.
And then, today, she just climbed up on Eliot's booster chair and claimed it in the name of Ivyland. Eliot moved to a grown-up chair, and the high chair goes to the Cave! Yes! One less piece of clutter in the house. I do need to raise the seat slightly so her chin isn't in her plate...
And this is what Ivy looked like when she say DADA come through the door this evening.
Monday, August 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Oh my goodness! She looks like such a big girl! Too cute! I can't believe how much she has changed in a month!
Leta
Post a Comment