Sunday, April 05, 2009

L'echarpe

I much prefer the French word "echarpe" to the English term "wrap style carrier" to describe the ultra simple, traditional baby carrier that I am currently loving- a wrap style carrier is just a long strip of cloth which is almost infinately adaptable. The length that I use is 15 feet by 2 feet, and I have used it to carry Eliot on my back, and now to carry Ivy on my front.

I will admit that using one of these requires at least Padawan status on the jedi scale, but once you get the hang of it, it's much more comfortable than a sling, in addition to its versatility. Here are some pictures from our walk today.
And if anyone is wondering why the mother of a newborn is awake at 3:30am while her baby is asleep (and taking her third of the bed out of the middle of mine, might I add), let's just say that it was a cruel evolutionary trick that made caffeine a potent migraine fighter.

1 comment:

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

The last part really cracked me up!

I'm glad that you did this post, because wearing wrap style carriers has been one of the things that has confused me the most. I can't exactly figure out how to use it! I'm definitely going to have to wait for the baby to arrive to solve it lol.