When Ivy is crying: "Mommy! Fix Ivy!" And in case I'm not sure what to do, he tells me: "Bounce it on ball!" (We sit on the exercise ball and hold Ivy and bounce her to calm her down. As much as I insist Ivy is a "she", Eliot still thinks she's an "it"), or "Give milks!"
Once she starts to calm down a little, "Ivy is big glump!" (Eliot has a book called "Don't bump the glump" and I've started saying glump instead of grump.)
And for just about any situation where's he's just not sure what to say, he says, "That's CRAZY!"
When Frederic is at the other end of the apartment and Eliot wants him: "Sweetie!" (Since this is always how I holler for Frederic when I'm too lazy to walk the 15 feet to the other end of the apartment... I guess Eliot thinks "Sweetie" means "Hey you! Get over here!")
In the Ivy department, today was an exceptionally hands-on day- From 7am-9:15pm, I was able to put her down, asleep, in her bouncy chair for 40 minutes. Otherwise, I was holding/carrying her, or she was crying. Eliot was incredibly gracious about it all, and mostly just directed me on how to "Fix Ivy". :-) I've really got two super great kids, even if they both do require lots of extra cuddles.
In other news, we have once again applied for a 3 bedroom apartment in the neighborhood. Keep your fingers crossed. If we get it, we move July 1st.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Fingers and toes are crossed. : )
You do have great kids. I love the Eliotisms. Too funny!
Leta
Post a Comment