What we've been up to so far this week...
Monday morning found the whole family at the ER. Yes, we should have some kind of frequent visitor card or something... This time, it was for me.
Now, for those of you who've known me for the last 10 years or so, you'll remember that strange episode I had senior year of high school where, over the course of a couple of hours, I became so dizzy that I could no longer walk and was even vomiting from the vertigo. I remained in almost constant dizziness for several days. Well, it started again Sunday/Monday night, only much less severe. As long as I didn't try to move my head, I wasn't dizzy. But any movement of my head and the room would start to spin.
I saw an ear-nose-throat doctor at the hospital, who explained that we have crystals in our inner ears that help detect our motion, and some people are prone to have them sort of logjam occasionally. Go figure. Anyway, the "treatment" for this, was for him to grab onto my head, and me to hold on to his forearms, and for him to throw me back and forth on the exam table to dislodge them. Really, I couldn't make this any weirder if I tried! Anyway, it was so funny that I couldn't stop laughing, which made the doctor laugh too, so as far as ER visits go, it was a really fun one.
I'm almost dizzy-free now, and go back for one more head shaking in two weeks.
---------------------------
Eliot has a terrible cough and runny nose. Luckily we had a well-baby visit with the pediatrician for Ivy yesterday, and he was able to take a look at Eliot too and prescribe some meds for him.
Ivy is doing great! She now weighs 3.7kg and is 52cm long, which means she's gained over 2 pounds and not quite 2 inches since birth. Crazy! Doc says her crying every time she's out of our arms is just normal for some babies, and to hang in there. We have a little bit of physical therapy to do with her during diaper changes. Her feet curl in so that if you pull her legs straight, the soles of her feet would be almost facing each other. It's no big deal according to her doctor, and is just due to her position in the womb, but now when we change her, we're supposed to tickle the outside edge of her feet, which encourages her to straighten them out more.
-------------------------
Today we got Ivy's US passport stuff all submitted.
------------------------
We received the news that WE GOT OUR APARTMENT! We will be moving down the street to a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment on July 1st! Yes, that is just one week after returning from California, but hey, it's worth the trouble.
------------------------
We have a four day weekend coming up! With Frederic home to help, I should be able to add some more pictures to the blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
My mom had that same vertigo thing! It took her the longest time to figure out. She finally went to a different doctor than she had been going to and he shook her head too! It worked apparently. You're not the only wierdo who needs their head shaken occasionally...my mom is in the same "nutso" category apparently.
Congrats on the apartment! LJ
Glad to hear everything worked out. It is odd how the vertigo only affects you every ten years or so.
Congratulations on the apartment.
-J
Post a Comment