It's been a good week!
We dropped the kids off with my friend Geraldine on Tuesday so that we could go down to the Police Station and be interviewed as part of my (very, very long) Swiss nationalization process. Yes, in a year... or two... or maximum three unless papers get lost... I'll be a dual citizen.
The first thing Eliot said to me when I went to pick him up was, "Mommy, are you Swiss now?" For me, this was totally out of the blue, as I had just told him we had an appointment. I guess Frederic had been explaining the whole thing to him the night before though.
Then later, "When you're Swiss, will you speak French?" I told him I already spoke French, and he gave me a very perplexed look. I told him I'd still be able to speak Enlish even if I was Swiss, and he seemed reassured.
Same day, still at Geraldine's... Eliot was getting into trouble so I sat him down next to me at the table and told him not to move.
A minute or two later he whispered, "Mommy, can I move my toes?"
And finally, this didn't happen this week, but has been around for a month or two... when Eliot says rhinoceros, it sounds more like rice-sonorous. It's so cute that I won't correct him. Right up there will Novilla yogurt instead of vanilla yogurt.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I've been know to get mad at Adam when he corrects a mispronunciation.
Post a Comment