Well, she ate millet just like a pro. And I swear she looked at me like, "Mommy, why were you making me taste all that other junk when I could have been eating this yummy bird seed?" A great thing about millet is that it's a complex carbohydrate, but also rich in protein, minerals, and vitamins. However, millet also just happens to be one of the main ingredients in commercial bird food... She had pure millet for a couple of days, then I just mixed millet into everything she had already tried and rejected. And she loved it!
Here she is, eating some spinach.
When I take out the little jar of cooked millet in the fridge, she literally starts bouncing around in her high chair like a pinball. I've got about 30 seconds from the time she sees the millet jar until she is all out CRYING for it.And so, here's what Ivy will now eat (mixed with millet, of course): bananas, apples, papaya, blueberries, butternut squash, carrots, spinach, and peas.
Today, 'I'm going to cook up some brown rice and give that a try again. This week I'll also try beef and sweet potatoes. I might also retry an avocado. She didn't like it last time, but that doesn't mean much. Here's an interesting discussion on meat as one of baby's first foods. Because I am making homemade cereals, rather than giving her processed and enriched commercial baby cereal, I need to make sure she has a good source of iron in her diet. So, as with Eliot, I am introducing meat early on.
And, from two years ago, a little info on how I make homemade baby food.

No comments:
Post a Comment