Thursday, October 22, 2009

Girl Time

Ivy woke up at 6:30 this morning, about an hour before Eliot does. I nursed her and tried to put her back to bed, but she just started cooing and blahblahing in her crib, so I took her back out and brought her to bed with me. We spent the next hour roughhousing, which is great for me, as I'm actually quite a bit bigger than her and win easily.
It was one of the best hours of my life.
I just read "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" as part of my Lactation Counselor certification program, and it has changed the way I look at parenting in some ways. The book discusses breastfeeding, but it's really a jumping off place to address the mother-baby/child relationship adn I found fascinating. To make a long story short, it gently reminded me to soak up every minute of this time period with my kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...
LJ

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

And it looks like you're doing just that =) She is so precious! Nom nom nom.