Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Doula News

Bad news : the doula program, supposedly starting next September, has been cancelled here in French speaking Switzerland.

Good News : In the announcement, the woman in charge of the program offered a few alternatives, one of which is a web-based training program (with required "hands on" training as well). The program is in English (yeah!), and takes 4-6 months to complete, but it self-paced, so a go-getter can do it faster, whereas a mom with a toddler and newborn can take her time (up to 3 years). I probably fall between those two categories...

This online program offers additional certification in breastfeeding couseling, which is something else I wanted to get certified in, so it works out quite well!

I am awaiting written confirmation that the Swiss doula organization will definitely recognize this certification (after all, it was them that gave me the link) and then I'll go for it!

Here's the website : Childbirth International

No comments: