Saturday, October 20, 2007

Back from Paris, and what a trip

No pictures for the moment- my dad was the camera man and I need to decide which ones I want to post before he'll send them to me.

Paris was lovely, as usual. A little windy, but otherwise great weather. Our last day in Paris and the trip home was quite the advnecture...

- A stolen suitcase, which turned out to be hidden in the drapes. That was after I called the police department to file a report, or course.

- A taxi strike, meaning a run to get to the metro to get to my train. (The metro having just stopped their strike)

- Arrival at the train station with 5 minutes to spare, mad dash to the platform, only to discover... yes, the international TGV was also canceled, and the next to run would be in 3 hours.

- A long, LONG wait at the Gare de Lyson

- Sharing the train car with a whole tour group of Koreans, all of whom wanted pictures with the little "French" baby. They were so much fun, and I got lots of chocolates for agreeing to pass Eliot around. He loved the attention! I have no idea how many Koreans now have pictures of Eliot and his mommy, Eliot sleeping on the seat, themselves holding Eliot, themselves holding Eliot while giving the peace sign... lol. Oh, and videos too.

- A problem with the Swiss trains between Geneva and Lausanne, causing a 45 minute delay, and forcing two trains worth of people to pack into one train. Of the whole return journey, this was the only part that was truly awful. Standing room only for 40 minutes while Eliot let us all know loudly that he was TIRED of trains.

- Over all, the little guy was an incredible trooper, taking all things in his stride. I let him crawl all over the disgusting train station, and so as soon as we got home I threw him towards Frederic yelling "Bathe him! Bathe him!"

There is no place like home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that sounds like... fun... ny!

-J

Sara said...

please tell me you got some photos of him with them too :)

Monica said...

Doh! I should have Sara! Didn't even think about that!