Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Nurse vs. Mother Bear

Eliot had his two month well visit with the pediatrician yesterday. He's in great health and growing like a weed!

5.46kg / 12 lbs
58cm / 23in

The poor guy had to get his first round of vaccinations as well. I've been dreading it for the last week, to the point where thinking about it would put knots in my stomach. Anyway, it was super easy, he cried for all of one minute, and then fell asleep in the car. Frederic was a little traumatized though, since he actually watched the needle go in and said the nurse just jabbed him with a huge long needle!

Well, when the nurse walked into the room to give him the injection, I was overwhelmed with a feeling of absolute hatred. It was so bizarre. I just hated her. I wanted to attack! I had to reasonably talk myself back from the edge while the animal part of my brain told me to punch her in the nose!

Humans really are animals, and instinct is alive and strong, at least in the mommy sector of the species!

1 comment:

Cherise said...

I won't even let Frederic come to Angelina's vaccinations, just the thought of it freaks him out he'd go nuts if he actually saw it. Your mother bear instinct is right on, glad to hear Eliot came through it ok!