Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Another positive dr's appointment!

Yesterday I had another dr's appointment, at 32w5d pregnant. Frederic and I were musing about how "nice" these visits are: We go in, she asks if all is well (yes), we congratulate her on finishing the NY marathon (4:16 for her first marathon, at 54 years old!), we see the baby on the ultrasound, we chit-chat, I pee in a cup, and then we go home. It's one of the few times you go to the doctor when nothing is wrong, to be assured that really, nothing is wrong. Three cheers for my uncomplicated pregnancy!

On the ultrasound (sorry, we don't have a photo), we saw that the baby is still head-down and moving around like crazy. Heartbeat was 139, and the baby's approximate weight based on abdominal cross-section was 2.02kg/4.44lbs! If you remember from last time four weeks ago, the baby was at 1.2kg! So in four weeks, the baby gained almost a full kg (2.2lbs)! Yikes!

And now for me: Drum roll please... I have gained 7.7kg/17lbs so far this pregnancy! I'll post a picture tomorrow.

No comments: