In Switzerland, Christmas trees are decorated with ball ornaments, ususally all the same color, so that the tree has a "theme" and everything matches. You can buy sets of these ball ornaments at almost every store during the holidays.
In the US, we decorate our trees with a random, mismatched assortment of ornaments that have been collected since birth. My mom is safekeeping my "Baby's First Christmas" ornament, dated 1982, which I received as my first ornament. (My brother has TWO "baby's first Christmas" ornaments from 1980, but don't get me started on the shocking preferential treatment my mom shows for my brother... I'll talk about our baby books in a future post to illustrate this inequality)
Anyway, to spread around some holiday cheer, I'm posting pictures of some of our family Christmas ornaments.





2 comments:
Marc's special. That's all there is to it.
You can't hide behind your anonymity, Hafsa!
Post a Comment