Thursday, November 23, 2006

Not your mother's cloth diapers...

Or so I'm told. I don't really remember anything from the days when my mom was cloth-diapering.

The major innovations seem to be more breathable materials, the introduction of velcro, and the invention of the "All-in-One". However, in order to maintain cloth's affordability, we skipped the All-in-Ones.

Why cloth diaper? I'm so glad you asked!
- Cheaper
- Cuter
- More environmentally friendly
- Would YOU want to wear paper undies for two years of your life?

Cloth diapering does involve more laundry, and an extra step in the diapering process (unless you go with the AiOs).
1. First, you have to fold the cotton "prefold" diaper into an appropriate shape.
2. Lay it in a velcro-closing, waterproof cover
3. Diaper baby.

As you can see from the photos below, Frederic learned how to do this in just a few lessons. He is now an expert!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Monica and Frédéric, You're both so cute. I can't stop laughing. Monica, your qualities as a writer are tremendous. Keep on: I'm looking forward to more. Love to the whole family, including the Teddy
- Angi