So I just got back from Toys'r'Us and the grocery store. In between the two stores, there was a guy trying to get people to change their long distance service (no long-term contract required!).
Well, being the polite person that I am, I stopped when he started talking to me and listened, waiting for him to draw a breath so I could announce I wasn't interested.
He asked if I used Swisscom for my telephone service, which I do, so I said yes. He then kind of paused, then said "Congratuations".
I looked at him like he had three heads, and said, "okaaay.... thanks" because, well, I've never been congratulated for having a particular phone servicce provider before, and found it really odd.
Then he said, "No, really- I truly admire women who bring new life into this world!" That's when I realized he was congratulating me on my baby belly, not on my phone service.
Oops. He must think I'm insane. That's ok. I then used the very 1950's excuse that "My husband handles these matters" regarding changing the phone service, and I got outta there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey, Sunshine!
I have things for baby. You should send me your mailing address so they can get from my dresser to your doorstep!
Post a Comment