This is not written in stone. It's written in pencil, and subject to change according to the whims of Eliot and me. :-)
I am trying to connect almost all of the activities with another, daily routine, to reduce any appearance of "formal" school for the pre-k and kindergarten years. So, here is a very rough sketch of our day:
Wake up and cuddle time
Breakfast. During breakfast, I read a page of poems from A Child's Book of Poems (when we finish this, I'll move on to another book of poetry)
Play, which may include drawing/art, and classic music appreciation (we are listening to Mozart this term, and will soon switch to Classical Christmas music, and next term we'll do Medieval music and Gregorian chant, final term will be Tchaikovsky probably)
A zoo phonics game, if desired
Outdoor free time in a natural environment
Lunch
Ivy goes to nap
Eliot and I do a lesson from 100 Easy Lessons, and also practice counting out his stickers.
I read Eliot a good children's book
Eliot's quiet time (he's no longer napping these days)
Outside for more play time, or indoor play with some children's music or more Mozart on from time to time.
We may read a Let's-Read-And-Find-Out science book,and then talk about it.
Dinner
Ivy goes to bed
Frederic and Eliot read and study French
During the week, various other activities are added in, so that our goals for this year will be met. Next post: Goals for pre-k.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment