Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Add a few more Eliotisms to the list...

Today, completely randomly, Eliot ran up to me.  "Mommy, do you know what color this planet is that we live on?" 
"Green and blue"

"Oh good.  Green is my favorite color."  and runs off.

First, I didn't know Eliot even knew we lived on a planet, let alone that a planet might possess a color quality, or that multiple planets existed.  I have no idea where he learned this.  However, we have since watched several youtube videos on the solar system to try to build on the whole planet conversation.

Walking to the grocery store this morning-
"Mom, why does it rain?"
"Well, when the clouds get too heavy with water, they decide to let it out."
"Mommy!  Clouds can't decide.  Only people can decide things."

I had to pick my jaw up off the ground for that one.  No more antrhopromorphizing for us, apparently. 

And in order to not thoroughly embarass him years from now, I won't even MENTION the birds and bees questions that have been rapid-firing out of his mouth for the last couple of weeks! 

For Ivy-isms, things are finally moving along at a rapid pace, though still not a big talker.  We've added quite a few words, to name a few:

thank you
button
ball
baby
teeth
toothbrush
cracker
Keira (one of Eliot's friends)
lion
hello
eye
shoe
diaper

She has also mastered climbing up the playground ladder, which has added a number of gray hairs to my head.

No comments: