The local gossip... Ivy is not acquiring vocabulary quite as quickly as Eliot, but just when I start to worry, she spits out a new word. At 16 months, we've got:
mama
dada
dada (dog)
banana
shoe
bye-bye
hello (more like "hoo")
meow (for a cat)
water
baby
belly button ("bebah")
And today she might have started saying something vaguely like "Eliot", as well as "lala" for her lion. Time will tell!
Ok, now that I've written that all out, I feel a bit better about the number of words she's got. Her tantrums have also significantly decreased, probably because things have finally settled back to normal. She is sleeping through the night, taking a solid nap (sometimes two!) and is all-around very pleasant these days. She's still nursing about 1-2 times per day, but I can sense that weaning will not be hard, and we'll probably shoot for around 18 months or so.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment