It started off about as incredibly nice as one could imagine- with the birth of a beautiful red-headed little girl, after mom fought the good fighta nd triumphed in having a natural birth in the water despite many obstacles. I was honored to watch and help when I could, though dad was such an incredible coach I mostly got to stand back, take pictures, and be amazed one more time by the miracle of birth.
This birth finishes my training, and so once I get my paperwork filled out, I will be a certified doula. Yay!
Sunday was a lazy day, and we had Frederic's brother over for hamburgers in the evening.

Monday morning was spent at the lake, and the boys went out in a peddle boat for a half hour. Monday evening was spent in our friend's beautiful orchard. Cupcakes and homemade ice cream pretty much sealed the deal in terms of an awesome weekend.
That and the fact that my pumpkin plant is way, way better than hers.




1 comment:
So great! Félicitations Monica. Félicitations pour ta formation de Doula et cette précieuse aide et ce soutien que tu apportes aux mamans en devenir jusqu'à l'accouchement. Ainsi tu leur permet de vivre leur grossesse de façon zen, ce qui permet au bébé de naître dans des conditions de bonheur pur! Et félicitations pour cette adorable famille que tu as. Incroyable comme ces deux bouts de chou grandissent... (trop vite, hélas).
Flo
Post a Comment