Thursday, April 29, 2010

More on photography, although I know you are all getting bored.

Just bear with me here.

Today I spent my spare time going through last year's photos and importing them all to Lightroom, which is my new favorite photo management software.  These were all taken with my tiny point-and-shoot camera, my loyal companion for many years now.  Alas...

Because I believe in truth in advertising, I thought I'd show exactly how powerful lightroom is.  I'm showing two photos before and after from my point and shoot, as well as a recent before and after from the DSLR camera.

This photo is one of my absolute favorites of Ivy.  I have always liked the composition, angle, expression... but it just wasn't quite there.  As we know, no baby will do the same pose twice, so I just figured it was "good enough".

Until today, when I imported it into lightroom and within a minute had exactly what I wanted.  Now the baby I always see as an angel actually looks like one in the image.  All I did was warm the tone, adjust the exposure, and soften the image slightly, with the exception of her eyes.

Next candidate, same manipulations as before. 


And finally, my current favorite picture ever taken by me:
Before and After

3 comments:

Monica said...

I have a hat with ear flaps for each of your kiddos, don't worry. :-)

OliveGrove said...

Wow Monica. That's all. WOW!

And then after I got my breath back... I need to commission you to do photos of us. Seriously.

Talita

le capitaine said...

wonderfull prise de vue.... so inocente....

Bravo, Monica
Phil