Well, after my very exciting day last Thursday of attending my first birth, I came home radiant, full of energy. Good thing, because that night Ivy came down with the stomach flu. She was sick all day Friday too. Eliot was sick with it all day Saturday, and Frederic and I were sick all night Saturday night and Sunday as well. What a mess! (literally) Ivy always managed to puke on me, and not in any sort of isolated or contained way. More like in a way that required a top-to-bottom outfit change for both of us, plus 2-3 rags to wash to clean up the floor. Every time. I always knew she was a talented little thing...
This week, we've been trying to catch up after all of the things we didn't get done this weekend. Both kids have been a handful- Eliot's doing the terrible two thing, and Ivy is out of my arms for approximately one hour per day. And that's including her nap. Seriously. We've got a major case of the clingies going on here. Oh well. There are worse things in the world than having your baby love you so much that they can't stand to be more than an umbilical cord length away at all times.
On the bright side, although Ivy's naps are complete disasters, she's been sleeping about 14 hours each night, 12 of which, knock on wood, are uninterrupted. She is also standing unsupported for brief moments, without me having to trick her into it first.
Eliot and I went on a reconnaissance mission to Toys'r'Us on Friday, where he was more than willing to point to the 836 things he wants for his birthday. Won't he be disappointed come next Saturday...
Finally, here are a few "day in the life" videos just for fun. Ivy, starving hyena, and Eliot, future obstetrician. I was watching a breech birth video on youtube while I thought Eliot was involved in eating a snack in another room. All of a sudden, I hear, "What's going on? Why's that baby stuck? Why does she have a flashlight? Whoa! Why's he crying?" etc, etc. And so there was a bit of an unplanned "birds and bees" lesson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Not that your thoughts were not enjoyed (they were!), it is nice that the Eliot and Ivy Show have returned to Prime Time! Great videos! By the way, I once had a daughter that needed to be held 23 hours out of every 24 and she ended up moving half-way across the planet! Oh wait, you were the clingy daughter who moved half-way across the planet! Smooch the kids, love you!
Stumbled upon your blog. Love it! If only my kid eats like Ivy, I'll be a very happy momma.
Post a Comment