Monday, December 14, 2009

Sibling Rivalry

It California, it was bad. Ivy got pushed, poked, pulled... anything Eliot could think of to annoy her. She, of course, reacted by screaming and grabbing hold of me and refusing to be set down. Which made Eliot even more jealous...

It was so bad that I was on the verge of googling for a solution. Yes folks, that's how desperate I was.

And then we came back to Switzerland, and everyone settled down again.

I won't go so far as to say Eliot no longer harasses Ivy, but things are much improved and at a tolerable level (Ivy may debate this), and the kids spend at least some time interacting in a positve way- Eliot imitates Ivy's babble and then they both laugh like little loons, Eliot gives her a kiss and a hug in the morning and before bed, and when she is napping, he asks where she is and when she will come back out. Ivy, meanwhile, loves to watch what Eliot is doing and try to copy him.

Crisis averted.
This last one makes me laugh- I have no idea where they both got the tongue-sticking-out gene. Other things that made me laugh this week:
Eliot proudly telling Nana that he helped put the "duckerations" on the Christmas tree
The futility of washing Ivy's hair now that she eats finger foods

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww. LJ