As I may or may not have dutifully reported here, Ivy has been rolling borth ways since 3 months 10 days of age. But not regularly by any means.
This week, Ivy has suddenly gotten the bug in her that she want to roll ALL OF THE TIME. Every time I lay her on her back, she immediately curves into a backwards C (like she's trying to touch her heels to the back of her head) and starts wriggling until she finally gets onto her tummy. Yes! Oh wait, no. She doens't like being on her tummy. And, unfortunately, she has forgotten how to roll back.
And finally, today, the inevitable. After our massive success with getting her more and better sleep in her crib... REGRESSION. Here's how it goes now:
I get Ivy all dopey and ready for a nap, set her down in her crib, and leave the room
whimperwhimperwhinegrumble (no real crying)- 5 minutes
Blessed Silence- 2 minutes (me: "Ah, she's asleep already! What a little angel I have!" Meanwhile, Ivy: *backwards c* *wrigglewriggle*)
SCREAM-mufflemufflegrunt-SCREAM-mufflemufflegrunt- SCREAM
That would be the sound of Ivy lifting her head up and screaming, then dropping it straight back down onto the mattress and smothering herself, then lifting it back up to scream... Sigh.
So I go in, turn her head, soothe her until she calms down, and walk out. We do the muffle-scream routine for a while, and she finally falls asleep. Once I feel pretty confident she's figured out how to turn her head to the side on her own, we'll go back to letting her fall alsleep unassisted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment