Sunday, April 12, 2009

Never leave your toddler and baby alone together...

Not even for a second.

This is the sort of good advice that you read everywhere, in all child care books. Unfortunately, it's one of those pieces of advice that can't possibly be followed.

Earlier this week, I left Eliot playing in his room and Ivy sleeping in our bed (I know, another thing I'm not supposed to do) and hurriedly started fixing Eliot's lunch. Mother's intuition told me to go check on the kids. Sure enough, I passed by Eliot's room, empty, and saw that the door to our room had been pushed open. I found Eliot sitting on the bed next to Ivy, very gently stroking her hair as she slept. Or so I thought. Upon closer inspection, I saw that he had found the tube of diaper rash cream and was happily rubbing globs of it into Ivy's hair.

And I'd just given her a bath, too...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is helping her learn early how important styled hair is. He wants to make sure she knows all of those important things early... Or not.

Well, at least it wasn't peanut butter.

-J

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

Well, I'm sure your heart swelled with pride for a split second at least =) I did the same thing to my sister when I was about his age and my mom still tells stories about it.

She also still tells stories about the time I literally pulled my crying sister off their bed just to stop her from screaming. I'm sure the three foot fall helped with the silence...

Anonymous said...

LOL. That is hilarious. It reminds me a little of the time you put makeup and nail polish on the boys at my sleepover many years ago.
You should have taken a picture. ; )
Leta

Marietta said...

just found you while blog hopping through expat blogs - i just about spewed my coffee all over the keyboard! brilliant! - Marietta