Sunday, March 08, 2009

Sunday night

All right, these daily updates are getting a bit boring... once the kid is born, I'll probably go back and delete all of them!

Anyway, not much new to report. I saw Alice the midwife this morning, and the baby has descended a bit and now has its head "fixed" instead of floating as it was on Thursday, but is not quite engaged. My amniotic fluid level, which was a bit low on Thursday is now totally fine, so tomorrow's ultrasound was rescheduled for Thursday (let's hope baby has come by then!!!). I will see Alice tomorrow for a routine monitoring, where she will listen to the baby's heart rate for a half hour to make sure it reacts well to my braxton-hicks contractions, etc.

So in other words, all is fine, and baby will get here when he or she darned well feels like it. It's probably waiting for the rain/snow expected to start falling later this week, or for the full moon on Wednesday.

We had our second "last weekend before baby", and enjoyed more walks to the lake, naps, and good food. If there is a third "last weekend before baby", I may start to get more irritable (than normal...). We are also expecting my mom to arrive next Saturday, so I'd better start working on getting this kid out!!!

2 comments:

Experimental Aviator said...

A third "last weekend before baby"

That sounds like it could be fun!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen a Monday night update. Is something exciting happening over there???? LJ