So I get to read Parenting magazine second-hand because Dena gets it and lets me borrow it. Last month, there was an article about picky toddlers- the toddler example diet they gave went something like this: breakfast- chocolate chip waffles with non fat whipped cream, lunch- plain pasta with butter, orange juice, dinner- chicken nugets and apple slices, snacks- gummy fruit snacks.
Here's what my super kid ate today, and today was not an exceptional day but his normal diet:
breakfast- 1 grated apple mixed with plain yogurt and whole grain baby cereal- sort of a kid's version of apple-cinammon oatmeal
snack: banana, whole grain crackers, chocolate milk
lunch: vegetable quiche made with whole wheat crust, carrots, peas, zucchini, and eggs, milk, one bite of his chocolate Easter bunny
snack: cottage cheese, pear, crackers
dinner: roast chicken with ketchup (about the equivalent of half a chicken breast), 1/3 cup of peas, salad (with vinegar on it!), 1 slice of whole wheat bread
And as he eats, he constantly says, "Mmmm! Yummy!" I'm so, so proud of him!
As for Ivy, I don't really know her that well as she's only been arond for a couple of weeks, but she seems to be pretty cool as well. At the very least, she also has a great appetite, as she's already up 1 pound from her birth weight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Well, I have to say, after his snack, Eliot still took a small spoon of espresso, in his own espresso cup. He said "yummy" as well, he has such a good taste (it was good stuff too...)
Frederic
Mine are better eaters than most, too, although Adam doesn't think so. He just hasn't been around enough toddlers/preschoolers to know how good we've got it! For example, both kids whined at me yesterday when I stopped them from eating the whole carton of edamame from Costco! And they have pretty distinguished palates, too, Owen especially. Feta cheese and horseradish dijon mustard are some of their faves!
Lucky mom! I'd be proud too! What a good eater!
Also, congrats on Ivy's weight gain. I hope she keeps up the good work! =)
Post a Comment