I saw my midwife today (another home visit... gotta love midwives!) for my 37 week check- I'll be 37 weeks on Thursday. Anyway, as we could have all predicted, all is well. Baby apparently has lots of space, thanks to big brother stretching out my uterus, and so is still free floating and spinning around, but always with head down. Most second-time babies don't engage in the pelvis until labor anyway, so that's not a problem. Eliot helped measure my abdomen, though he and Alice came up with vastly different estimates of my fundal height- Eliot said 5, she said 33. I wonder who was right?
Another three lasagnas went in the fridge this weekend. Now I'm going to work on some sauces and marinades which just require the addition of meat, and then we'll stock the pantry this weekend with some other easy meal stuff.
I've got a little something to do pretty much every day this week to keep myself busy, but I need to think up some stuff for the next two weeks too, as Alice did not make any stunning announcements about how sure she is that I'll go early or anything like that.
Only a few baby-prep things left to do: small trip to Ikea for drawer organizers and storage baskets, trip to our basement storage to get out the infant car seat, bouncy seat, and box full of burp cloths and additional diapers, and packing my bag for the birth center.
If you have any ideas for freezable meals, leave a comment...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment