Friday, January 30, 2009
Happy Birthday Eliot!
If Eliot's first year was the year of mobility, this year has definitely been the year of communication. Eliot got all that pesky walking business out of the way before hitting his first birthday, so he decided this year to work on language! His vocabulary in both languages has gone through the roof in the last month or two, and he knows to ask dadddy "Encore du lait!" and ask mommy, "More milk!" so he seems to have grasped that there are two languages going on here.
Another big development this year has been imaginative play. He talks to his stuffed animals and toys, feeds them, scolds them, and soothes them when they have a boo-boo. He can sit for a half hour with pillows built up all around him on our bed, in his "helicopter", and asks us for imaginary "tickets" if we want to ride in it with him.
While he is still basically a wild animal, he is slowly learning his pleases and thank yous, and is developing empathy for other people who have boo-boos.
Eliot is very excited about the baby, and gives my belly plenty of kisses and loves to look through my pregnancy books. We'll see how long that lasts once baby actually arrives!
Also in the last month or so, we have been hearing a lot more "Do it myself!" Luckily, no terrible tantrums. Most little blow-ups can be quickly calmed by offering alternative choices for him to decide on.
My dear Eliot, you are an absolute JOY and I have never met such a happy child. When you walk into the room, the whole room lights up. There is nothing sweeter than overhearing your conversations with Rabbit or listening to the first things that come to your mind when you wake up in the morning. I love you!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Haf- I couldn't find any pictures of you and E from this year... what the heck??? Do you have any?
Happy birthday little man! We miss you!
Awww. Happy birthday, Eliot! We miss you!
Leta
Hey I was going to skype you this morning, but I've got to get my emotions under control, after watching the last video! I'll still call you in a few minutes, after I think I can hold a conversation without blubbering all over the place. What a great kid! And what great parents you to are!
Love ya, pa
Tu es si trognon...!
Joyeux anniversaire mon 'tit neveu préféré!
La vie t'appartiend, prends le temps de bien la découvrir et de la savourer !
Plein de gros bisous,
Flo
Post a Comment