The news: I saw my midwife yesterday, who proclaimed me and baby to be in perfect health. She did estimate that I'm carrying a smaller baby than Eliot was, based on palpitation, and that was confirmed today by ultrasound. Eliot was born weighing 3.6kg (8lbs) and this baby is looking to be about 3kg (6.6lbs) at its due date. I'm kind of excited about having a "small" baby, since I remember being a bit shocked with how big Eliot was at birth. The ultrasound also confirmed baby is head down, which was the main purpose- midwives in our canton cannot assist at known breech vaginal births.I have sitting right next to me, a sealed envelope containing the ultrasound report made by my doctor, to be delivered to my midwife. On this report is written THE SEX OF THE BABY!
Ok... I'm opening the envelope...
And the winner is...
Oh come on. I've waited 34 weeks, of course I'm going to wait 6 more for the grand unveiling!

For comparison's sake, here's how I looked at 34 weeks with Eliot...

4 comments:
Isn't it funny how excited you look in bottom picture and how very tired you look in the top one? Well, maybe it's not funny to you right now, but one day it will be! Send that envelope home so we can open it for you!
Thank you!!! Both pics appear fairly similar belly-wise, but it looks like you were carrying a little lower with Eliot. I have to agree with Ali...send that envelope home! You do look tired, but it sounds like you had a pretty rough day too. Thanks again for the pic!
LJ
Don't worry Ali, I can already see the humour... Is it fatique in the new picture, or just the face of wisdom now that I know what kind of mess I've gotten myself into? On the bright side, my boobs got bigger... Then again, I'm carrying those a bit lower in the new picture... heehee.
I think it's a girl also! I can't wait!!!You look gorgeous!
xoxo,
Rachel
Post a Comment