Monday, October 13, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Monday : Roast Chicken with veggies
Tuesday : Chili with corn bread
Wednesday : Chicken and rice soup, made with Monday's chicken carcass... this will be a first try at making homemade broth
Thursday : Shrimp stir fry with whatever veggies I find at the market
Friday : Spaghetti squash with homemade spaghetti sauce on top

The great thing about this week's food is that I will be cooking it in my new Lodge cast iron cookware.

*** Update *** Just got done picking through the chicken stock and carcass to get all the meat off. The stock smells great. I used the pressure cooker, so it only took 30 minutes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Monica!

When I made cornbread with chili a few weeks ago, my husband wanted to know why I was serving gateau with lunch! :D I'd love to know how you did you chicken stock, especially in a pressure cooker! Stéph is always wanting me to make a roast chicken but I hesitate because I don't know what to do with the carcass.