
Spicy Chick Pea and Vegetable Curry
This was so easy and so good. I chopped up a few potatoes and an onion and browned them over high heat with a little oil in the (open) PC (10 minutes). Then I added chopped carrots, two cans of drained and rinsed chick peas, 2 cups of coconut milk, and a half package of spicy yellow curry paste I bought at Globus. I sealed the PC and cooked under high pressure for 4 minutes. While the PC was coming up to pressure and cooking, I boiled a generous cup of water and added a generous cup of couscous to that and covered.
Four minutes later, the carrots and potatoes were tender, and the couscous was done. I opened the PC, added in some frozen peas, stirred them in and waited a few minutes for them to thaw and heat.
Voila! It tasted as good as restaurant curry and was a great success as my first pressure cooked meal.

1 comment:
Hafsa and I could swap ingredients. No curry in this household, but bring on the coconut milk! Although I do love Trader Joe's Thai Green Curry simmer sauce. Maybe it's just yellow curry we don't like.
Post a Comment