That's right, he hasn't had a drop of the good stuff in 5 days now. When he wakes up, we open his blinds, read a book, then head off to the kitchen where he eats a "Cah ker" while I make his breakfast. He's not my little baby anymore!
I had a video of him saying thank you and another of him saying cracker, and I managed to delete both of them. Oops.
Eliot stood up on his own today instead of pulling up, but he has yet to repeat it.
And as for me, this morning I went to the farmer's market with Dena and ate a raw baby brussels sprout. And it was good!
**Oops. Accidentally posted this on the gardening blog first. I'm going to have to get used to having two blogs!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow! That seemed to go pretty easy. Was it hard for you (emotionally or physically)? The kellymom moms all go on about how heartbroken they are when their kid weens, and though I'm not bothered enough to force the issue yet, I think I'd be quite happy if A weaned on her own.
She just had 3 days (2 nights) without me and I thought that would help. No! Though it wasn't the first thing she wanted when I came home, after about an hour she was pretty intent on it.
How's his eating going? He's such a big boy now!
Hi Cherise! It was very easy. I had no physical discomfort, probably because we've been cutting out feedings every few weeks since he was 9 months old. Emotionally I was ok too, since he showed no signs of missing the feedings at all (didn't feel I was forcing him) and for the past several weeks the feedings had been getting pretty crazy and unconcentrated anyway. I do miss nursing a newborn, but not nursing a toddler!
He is eating really well. Three meals plus one snack per day, and the occasional whole grain cracker. He drinks a ton of water, but won't drink milk. He likes yogurt and melted cheese on pizzas and quesadillas though, so I don't worry about the fact that he doesn't drink any milk.
Oh, and he has a huge helping (100g) of cottage cheese every day for snack. Here's a typical day:
Breakfast: 1 whole grain cracker while I fix his meal: coffee cup filled 1/3 with pureed fruit, 1/3 with homemade cereal cooked in whole milk, and 1/3 plain yogurt.
Maybe another cracker and lots of water before he takes a nap.
Lunch: 3 small fish sticks, or the same volume of tofu, or a small sized chicken patty, or a whole quesadilla made from 1 med tortilla, cheese, and salsa, + 1-2 small carrots cut into chunks and steamed (or pumpkin, or sweet potato...), + 2 clementines or 2 kiwis, + lots of water
Snack: 1/2-1 banana, cottage cheese, water
Dinner: maybe another cracker while I'm cooking, then a meal similar to lunch except with a green veggie (usually peas, as he is currently refusing everything else) which I slightly mash and feed him with a spoon. + lots of water
He also loves leftovers like chili, tacos (no shells), chicken curry, pineapple pizza ...
That's excellent! He really is eating well. Sounds a bit like A's diet most days - except the tofu, if I use it she won't touch it, but she ate it when the neighbor kids had it...
She also didn't start drinking milk until very recently. Since she had yoghurt and other dairy like crazy, I never worried. Now she likes it AND is eating so much yoghurt I think she has too much dairy.
He is such a cutie. Looks like he had fun with the garden.
Post a Comment