Friday, January 18, 2008

Eliot's Lunchable

We're meeting a friend of mine in Geneva for lunch today, so I packed a lunch for Eliot:

Quesadilla with cheese, spinach, salsa, and black olives (he loves spicy food!)
Clementine orange sections
crackers

Snack:
1/2 banana
cottage cheese
p.s. If you are wondering why my snail-o-meter is not moving, it's because the front stroller tire in un-fillable. I got to the gas station, filled it, filled the back two, and by the time I'd filled the back two, the front was flat again. We'll be getting that fixed this weekend!

3 comments:

Ali said...

I bet he ate all that and still wanted more.

Cherise said...

That looks nicer than my lunches! Does he eat that much?

Monica said...

Cherise- His appetite is finally picking up a little, after several weeks of outright refusal to eat anything except crackers and bananas...

In this lunch he ate the two quesadilla triangles (1/2 of a quesadilla from a burrito sized tortilla), all of the clementine except for one bite that I stole, and about two crackers for his lunch. For his snack, he ate all of the banana half, and about half the cottage cheese (maybe 3 TBSP), and another cracker. He also ate a wedge of Lebanese bread at the restaurant. For dinner that day, he even deigned to eat an orange veggie puree with butternut squash and lentils and curry.

It was an EXTREMELY good day for him. Usually he only eats a cracker and maybe a few sips of whole milk for dinner.

I'm still nursing him when he wakes up (7ish am) and around 4pm.