Monday, November 05, 2007

A Whiff of Christmas

Well, it's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas.

Some of my friends who shall go unnamed (Ali) may think it's a little too early to be getting out the Christmas decorations, but this weekend, I got a whiff of Christmas in my nose, and I think it's time to break out the reindeer.

The weather has turned, the trees are all yellow and orange (For you Californians, don't be alarmed. This is what trees do when faced with cold weather.) A Swiss November is very much like a California December. It's cold, windy, overcast, and smells sooooo good. To get to the metro stop, I pass a fresh-turned field, a stream, and a forest, and it just smells lovely!

Eliot and I took a walk in the forest yesterday, and there was a constant fall of leaves around us. Beautiful. Spring is a tough season to beat, but Fall comes awfully close.

I, for one, am in the holiday mood. Time to find that "Baby's first Christmas" ornament, time to plan a return trip to the Basel Christmas market, time to start baking things!

1 comment:

Ali said...

Happy Festivus! wink wink