Monday, February 19, 2007

Father knows best???


So, Saturday night, I got up and fed Eliot and he was not interested
in going back to sleep, so I woke Frederic up and he took him while I
slept. A couple hours later, he woke me up to tell me he though Eliot
was hungry again. While I'm feeding him, I asked him how he'd been
for the last two hours. Frederic said, "oh, he slept in his bouncy
chair" I said, "why didn't you put him back in the bassinet?" He
said, "because I fell asleep on the couch" Well, as the story
unfolds, not only did he sleep in his bouncy chair, he slept in his
bouncy chair IN HIS OWN ROOM while I was in our room and Frederic was
in the living room! Frederic said Eliot was making so much noise while
sleeping (he hiccups, grunts, murmurs, chirps, and squeaks all night
long...) that he put him in his room and went back to sleeping on the
couch!

Well, I was in a bit of shock, but figured, hey, it didn't kill Eliot,
so let's just freaking move him into his room! So at 2:30am, we moved
his crib mattress and bassinet back into his room. I changed his
diaper, then finished feeding him. As I was rocking him to sleep,
Frederic mentions casually, "Oh yeah, when I put him in here in his
chair alone, he was still awake"

WHAT? Not only did my DH abandon our poor little baby, but he
abandoned him AWAKE all alone! So, mid rocking, I said screw this,
and I put drowsy little Eliot AWAKE into his bassinet, took a very
deep breath, and WALKED OUT OF THE ROOM! And he peeped and chirped a
few times, sighed, and went to sleep all by himself. I went into our
room and cried though. :-) Already turning into a little boy... next
thing I know he'll be leaving for college.

So, from now on, he's in his own room! The other two times he
woke up that night I did need to rock him to sleep to get him to stay
asleep, but still... Not having all those tiny little noises really
helped me sleep better.

And last night, the little squirrel slept 3 hours, 3 times in a row,
only waking up to eat and get changed each time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica and Frédéric
You're so sweet. That reminds me of experiencies with our first baby:
When I didn't hear her breath, I was extremely anxious this might mean she was no longer alive ...
When I heard her breath, it certainly meant that she had a severe pneumonia and needed immediate medical care!
By the way: She has never had a pneumonia and will by 50 next december!!!
Love - Angi

Anonymous said...

excuse me for the mistake: of course, Beatrice will be (not by) 50 next december.
(j'ai manqué une belle occasion de m'exprimer en français au lieu de faire la maligne en anglais et - ce faisant - tomber sur le nez)

Cherise said...

Let's just say I am green with envy at your wonderful sleeper! He is just fabulous.